Premier Accounting Services for San Antonio, TX
Having a great accountant is crucial for managing both business and personal finances. If you are a business owner in the San Antonio area, Guerrero CPA can handle everything from payroll to bank financing and more! Our dedicated team have helped local businesses with their accounting for years, and would be happy to discuss creating a solution custom tailored to your individual needs. Get in touch with us today, or read more about our services below!
Offering Experienced Bookkeeping Services
Guerrero CPA can help individuals and small businesses in the San Antonio, TX area with a variety of tasks including bookkeeping services. We understand that businesses, both large and small, have a lot of tasks they must fulfill in order to keep their business afloat. Whether you need help getting your finances under control or help to create a budget for your business, we can help.
Perhaps you need to get your personal finances in order and stick to a budget. We can help you become more organized, maintain investments, and get ready for tax season.
Guerrero CPA is a committed team of financial professionals that provide accounting services and more to clients in the San Antonio area. Regardless of whether you are an individual or a business, it is important to make sure your financial records are neat, organized, and easily accessible. This will help limit confusion down the line and make the tax process easy and streamlined. We do all this and more for our clients and include things like QuickBooks cleanup, business valuation and payroll solutions with our accounting services.
10 Reasons Why You Should Use QuickBooks
QuickBooks is the ideal business accounting software for small to mid-sized business owners. Here's 10 reasons why you should be using QuickBooks.
1. You save time on bookkeeping and paperwork because many of simple bookkeeping tasks are handled automatically making it easier to run your business.
2. You can easily generate the reports with the information you need, so you always know where your business stands. You instantly know whether you're making money and whether your business is healthy.
3. You save money because QuickBooks is so affordable. You can use it to run a $5 million or a $25 million business for a few hundred bucks. PC accounting software is truly one of the great bargains in business.
4. Your business can grow with QuickBooks. QuickBooks will help you design a business plan to use when trying to secure a small business loan or line of credit or to plan for the future. QuickBooks will create a projected balance sheet, profit and loss statement and statement of cash flows in the format recommended by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
5. You can customize QuickBooks to work the way you want. QuickBooks is specifically designed to be flexible and adaptable to a wide range of small businesses. To broaden its appeal, QuickBooks has recently added customized accounting packages for Contractors, Retailers, Health Care Professionals, and Non-Profit organizations.
6. You can rest assured knowing that QuickBooks is a stable, reliable and proven product. Hundreds of thousands of small businesses throughout the world have chosen QuickBooks as their accounting software. You can't go wrong with a software program with such an extensive installed user base.
7. You save typing time and errors by sharing data between QuickBooks and over 100 business applications. You can even share data with popular programs, such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and ACT.
8. You will get paid faster with QuickBooks online payments. E-mail an invoice or statement and with QuickBooks Online Billing, your customer can easily pay you with a credit card or bank account transfer. No more waiting for the check in the mail!
9. You can easily accept Credit Cards. With QuickBooks Merchant Account Service, you can accept credit cards with ease. QuickBooks Merchant Account Service is the only credit card acceptance service integrated with QuickBooks software, which means you don't have to enter the same data twice. No additional software or hardware is required. Your customers can use Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
10. You can pay your bills and bank online. Setup your current bank account in QuickBooks, and you're ready to pay your bills without licking envelopes, sticking stamps, or printing paper checks. Just write checks in QuickBooks as you normally would, then click a button and your participating bank does the rest! Pay anyone in the U.S. from your credit card companies to your pizza service. Online Banking also lets you download your monthly statement from your participating bank directly into QuickBooks for easier reconciliation.
All information necessary to setup manual accounting records is also necessary to setup and install QuickBooks on your desktop. This task is even more complicated if you switch from manual accounting operations to QuickBooks in the middle of the year.
Which accounting method will you use? What chart of accounts do you need for your business? How do you handle beginning balances?
An expert can easily answer all of these questions and complete the initial Setup and Installation in a timely manner. In addition, your accounting employees receive training on the accounting software to enhance their performance.
How much does it cost?
We first want to find out a little more about your business and your accounting records before we quote you an exact price. Rest assured that we work with many small business owners and our rates are designed to fit the budgets of our clients.
As with any accounting software program, installation and training take time - time taken away from managing your business. Here's a short list of the services we provide during your QuickBooks setup:
- Study and evaluate your software and accounting needs.
- Recommend software and hardware requirements.
- Install software, design and set up chart of accounts and entire accounting package including payroll, accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable, etc.
- Determination of your QuickBooks starting date
- Loading your chart of account and balances as of that starting date
- Preparation of a list of the items that you sell to your customers. This list includes services, inventory parts, non-inventory parts, other charges and sales taxes
- Entering your outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable details as of your starting date
- Entering your ending statement bank balances and outstanding checks & deposits in transit as of your starting date
- Printing a trial balance as of your starting date and comparing it to your trial balance from your old system
- Entering your transactions since your starting dates into QuickBooks
- Train client or client staff in use of software to meet their accounting, management and tax needs.
- Follow up training to ensure the client is "on the right track".
- Monthly, quarterly or annual review of client QuickBooks data to assist in tax preparation and management reports.
Why choose one-on-one attention instead of taking a class?
- We come to your location.
- We focus on the individual issues facing your business.
- We will be there to answer your specific questions and concerns.
No need to spend time on features that don't impact your business!
Call today to set-up an appointment.
We will come to your location!!
Overhaul your accounting system with a QuickBooks Clean-up.
Whether you need to prepare for tax time, a financial review or you just need to clean up some problem areas, you'll be prepared with a QuickBooks Clean-up. In four (4) hours, a QuickBooks Professional Advisor will help you clean up and organize your bookkeeping system.
- Reviewing your transactions for the year
- Cleaning up stray entries
- Customizing reports
- Balancing general ledger to subsidiary records
- Additional personalized training
PayrollAlong with our bookkeeping services, we offer payroll solutions. These services will meet your business's needs and enable you to spend time doing what you do best -- running your company. Payroll can seem like a daunting task. We help you navigate through all of the forms and laws to keep you in compliance. Save time and money by allowing us to take over your bookkeeping and payroll services.
Use your staff more efficiently by letting us handle payroll and the associated legal details. Reduce overhead by removing the need to hire specialized employees.
It's a Time Saver
Our payroll service eliminates the burden of customizing, updating and maintaining your own payroll system--no more data entry, no more researching updates or new laws, no more worries.
Worry Free Payroll Tax Filing
Eliminate the risks of calculating and filing your own payroll taxes by having professionals do it for you. Federal, state and local payroll tax laws are frequently changing and becoming more complex. How much time do you want to spend learning all the rules and keeping your information up to date?
Allows You To Focus On Core Competencies
Our professional staff allow you to focus on the core competencies of your business. We are accounting professionals--you get the experts working for you and with you.
You get a wide variety of user-friendly and accurate payroll reports. For a nominal fee, we will include union reports, certified payroll, workers' compensation reports and much more.
Whatever the situation, the fee for a cost segregation study should be based on time and materials or fixed fee basis and NEVER on a contingency basis (% of savings). The IRS specifically states in the Audit Techniques Guide (ATG) that, “examiners should closely scrutinize studies performed on contingency fees.” The reason for this is a contingency fee arrangement creates an incentive for the cost segregation consultant to be overly aggressive and utilize inappropriate estimating techniques. Property owners and their advisors should avoid cost segregation providers charging on a contingency basis. Most reputable cost segregation providers work on a fixed fee basis.
Additionally, the general feeling throughout the cost segregation industry is that the IRS has been getting a bit more aggressive about the review of cost segregations studies; specifically with respect to the methodologies being used and the qualifications of the preparer. Per the IRS Audit Techniques Guide, studies being performed by unqualified individuals and those using an abbreviated methodology will receive higher scrutiny than the ones performed by qualified professional who utilized the detailed engineering-based approach. Therefore, it is more important than ever to have your studies performed by an expert in the field. One way to ensure you’re working with a good provider is to ask the right questions during your selection process.
Why You Need Accounting Services
According to studies, around 80% of businesses fail within the first two years of operation. While many factors can lead to this happening, poor money management is considered to be one of the primary catalysts that can push a business under. Small businesses are particularly susceptible to this, as owners will typically be focusing on running multiple facets of the operation to make up for lack of staff and save money. This can ultimately lead to things falling by the wayside, and important aspects of business (like finances) being put on the back burner. The reality is that, for many people, finances can be confusing - especially when dealing with employees, health insurance payments, taxes, figuring out deductibles, and working through audits. Finding the right company to provide professional accounting services is crucial to making these processes easier, and will give you as a business owner the freedom to focus your attention on other aspects of the company, avoid costly mistakes, and even save money. If you operate a business in the San Antonio area and are interested in learning what a professional accountant can do for you and your business, give our team a call today!